We have good news… Despite today being a Tuesday, it is also Day 5 of Harrisburg Beer Week. While we certainly recommend you sift through the HBW event calendar and plot your own craft beer course, we’d also like to take a moment to draw your attention to two great posts from two of HBW’s co-producers, Tierney Pomone and Sara Bozich.
Below is a combination of their picks for Day 5, as well as a few recommendations of our own (including our daily update on where you can help snazzy up your glassware collection at keep-the-pint promos). Check ’em out, and tell us below what’s on your agenda for tonight and the rest of the week…
Tierney and Sara recommend:
• Tierney teamed up with the new Zeroday Brewing Co. to brew Saison 28 in celebration of her birthday, and its one-time release is going down tonight following the screening of Brewed in the Burg at Midtown Cinema (250 Reily St., Harrisburg), a documentary detailing the local brewing community. Both are ticketed events, and, we’re sorry to say, both are sold out.
• The Warwick Hotel (12 W. Main St., Hummelstown) hosts Great Lakes Brewing Company starting at 5pm featuring limited-release beers that haven’t been to our area before, including High Striker, Alberta Clipper, Chillwave Double IPA and Rally Drum Red Ale.
• Beer geeks, start salivating: Arooga’s Downtown (201 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) hosts a double randall and glass night with Victory Brewing Co. starting at 7pm. Experience Victory Golden Monkey poured through chardonnay soaked wood chips alongside Victory HopDevil poured through locally grown Cascade hops from Sunny Brae Hops. Bonus: limited supply of Victory ice cream, rare Victory kegs, glassware giveaway.
• Al’s of Hampden (240 Millenium Way, Enola) will be featuring brews from Tired Hands Brewing Co. in Ardmore starting at 4pm. If you haven’t tasted Tired Hands’ brews yet, you are in for a treat. Al’s will be tapping I’m Sad (porter), Saison Hands, HopHands (America pale ale) and Shambolic (saison).
• Rubicon (270 North St., Harrisburg) hosts a Beer & Cheese Pairing featuring St. Boniface Brewing Co. brews starting at 5pm. Daine and Mike from St. Boniface and Qui Musarra from Rubicon (and Mangia Qui and Suba) will be on hand to talk you through the pairings with tasting notes. Reservations are encouraged. Bonus: Rubicon is also hosting a raffle to win a three-course beer pairing dinner with St. Boniface brews – and brewers!
• Meet (read: have a beer with) LBC brewer Bill Moore at LBC’s Harrisburg brewpub (469 Eisenhower Blvd., Harrisburg). Bill with be on hand from 5-7pm chatting about LBC’s beers. Tell him Mike from Fly sent ya and give him a high-five for me, eh? Cheers!
• Still looking for some fresh pint glasses? Here are tonight’s keep-the-pint promos:
• Tired Hands Brewing Co. drafts at Al’s of Hampden (see above) starting at 4pm
• Elysian drafts at Federal Taphouse (234 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) starting at 7pm
• Victory double randall at Arooga’s Downtown (see above) starting at 7pm
• Otter Creek Backseat Berner IPA drafts at Gingerbread Man Carlisle (5 S. Court House Ave, Carlisle) starting at 9pm