Last week, we posted our insider’s guide to making the most of the inaugural Harrisburg Beer Week, thanks entirely to recommendations from two of the event’s co-producers, Tierney Pomone and Sara Bozich. Contained therein are the dates, times and locations for when and where you can have a taste of limited beers (like the 717 Collaboration Ale from Tröegs, Pizza Boy and Appalachian Brewing), savor pairing dinners with local restaurants and much, much more. If the HBW event calendar – all 140+ events – causes you anxiety, the posts from Tierney and Sara are a great place to start.
Below is a combination of their picks, as well as a few that grabbed our eye, for tonight. (Who says you can’t enjoy you a couple Monday night drinks?) And if you fancy yourself a talented beer photographer in the social media world, make sure you tag your photos this week with #HBGBeerWeek for a chance to win an event prize pack. Check the contest details on the HBGBeerWeek Instagram page.
Tierney and Sara recommend:
• The Brewery at Hershey hosts the Smokin’ Hot Happy Hour at Momo’s (307 Market St., Harrisburg) from 4-6pm featuring a TBAH tap takeover including Smokey the Beer, a brew designed to taste like bacon.
• Arooga’s 15 (1300 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill) hosts a Randall event with Tröegs’ Troegenator running through bourbon-soaked wood ships starting at 5:30pm.
• The much-anticipated (717) Collaboration Ale is now available in cans at the Tröegs general store and will also be distributed throughout Central PA. Find it & drink it!
• The King’s Day Beer & Chocolate Tasting at Black Gryphon (54 Mt. Gretna Rd., Elizabethtown) itself is a pairing of HBW and the Dutch King’s Day holiday. Fine chocolates are paired with brews from La Trappe, Urthel and a few stateside breweries as well. Reservations are needed, so call in now to see if any last-minute openings exist before the event starts at 7pm.
• Lancaster Brewing Co. is tapping a firkin of its LBC Hoppy Lager at its Harrisburg location (469 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg) at 5pm. That’s, like, now.
• If you play your cards right, you could fill up an entire kitchen cabinet with new glassware this week. We suggest hiring a DD. Or Uber. Tonight’s keep-the-pint promos include:
• Otter Creek Backseat Berner IPA drafts at Duke’s Riverside (313 S. Front St., Wormleysburg) starting at 5pm
• Deschutes beers at Federal Taphouse (234 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) starting at 7pm
• The Traveler Beer Co. brews at Al’s Pizza & Subs (409 North Rd., Enola) starting at 7:30pm
• Tröegs drafts at Pints Bar & Grill (25 S. 4th St., Harrisburg) from 7:45-9:45pm
• Great Lakes Chillwave DIPA drafts at Gingerbread Man Carlisle (5 S. Court House Ave, Carlisle) starting at 9pm