Tierney and Sara recommend:
• Pair some unique Victory Brewing Co. brews with a special Victory-themed food menu at McGrath’s Pub (202 Locust St., Harrisburg) starting at 5pm. The event includes some beer that Harrisburg has never seen before on tap, including a firkin of Moving Parts #3 dry hopped with Cascade hops (tapped at 5pm). Other specialty kegs on tap: Victory’s Kirsch Gose, St. Victorious (Doppelbock), Dark Rye Saison and Bon Vivant Saison.
• Lancaster Brewing Co. (469 Eisenhower Blvd., Harrisburg) is having an IPA showdown starting at 5pm with their specially brewed West Coast-style IPA battling against Hop Hog IPA.
• Pizza Boy Brewing Co. has brewed up a special batch of its Wingstinguisher IPA (a brew exclusively available at Arooga’s). Arooga’s Downtown (201 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) taps a firkin of Double Wingstinguisher IPA with grapefruit tonight at 5:30pm, paired along with a full-on Pizza Boy tap takeover.
• Moo-Duck Brewery (79 S. Wilson Ave., Elizabethtown) is giving complimentary brewery tours and samplings of their new Ginger Saison tonight from 6:30-7:30pm.
• Oh, so you like barrel-aged beers? Tröegs will be letting some of their rare barrel-aged brews out at Stocks on 2nd (211 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) from 6-8pm. Plus, we hear Goose Island’s Bourbon County 2014 is on tap at Brewhouse Grille (2050 State Rd., Camp Hill) starting at 7pm.
• RiverHouse Bar & Grill (2495 E. Harrisburg Pk., Middletown) hosts an evening of local craft brews featuring a variety of craft beer from breweries based in Central PA starting at 6pm. Reps and Brewers will be on site with giveaways.
• Taste a number of brews from Snitz Creek Brewery at Penn Hotel & Sports Bar (600 Old West Chocolate Ave., Hershey) from 8-11pm. Chances are pretty good that they’ll be pouring our April Beer of the Month, the bologna-infused rauchbier Smokehaus #7.
• Federal Taphouse (234 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) hosts a beer cocktail challenge from 8-10pm with local bartenders competing to concoct the cocktails from Evil Genius brews. Vote for your favorites and even take a crack at naming the drinks.
• Still looking for some fresh pint glasses? Here are tonight’s keep-the-pint promos:
• St. Boniface drafts at The Warwick Hotel (12 W. Main St., Hummelstown) starting at 5pm.
• Big Hill Ciderworks drafts at Al’s Pizza & Subs Dillsburg (6 Tristan Dr., Dillsburg) starting at 5pm
• Goose Island IPA drafts at Gingerbread Man (26 W. Main St., Mechanicsburg) starting at 5pm
• Evil Genius pints at Grain + Verse (148 Sheraton Dr., New Cumberland) from 6-8pm
• Ommegang drafts at Federal Taphouse (234 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg) starting at 7pm
• Starr Hill brews at River City Blues Club and Dart Room (819 S. Cameron St., Harrisburg) starting at 9pm