Tag your St. Paddy’s partying photos with #FlyStPats to be entered to win a Guinness Prize Pack
Live music, dancers, bagpipes and all around good craic awaits as the region gears up to celebrate Ireland’s patron saint. And with St. Patrick’s Day falling on a Tuesday this year, the festivities span the entire week with parades, beer fests, bar parties and festivals.
Now, if we were the gambling type, we’d put money down that as you’re out on the town dressed top-to-bottom in green, sipping on a Guinness (or Harp, Smithwick’s, Magner’s or Murphy’s), enjoying a hearty shepherd’s pie or bangers and mash, taking in some live bagpipes or Irish dancers, rocking out to some Celtic rock or lining up some car bombs, you’ll be snapping photos and posting them to your various social media channels along the way. We’d double down that you’ll be hashtagging the stuffin’ out of them, too.
Well, we’d like you to consider one more tag for your photos – #FlyStPats. Why? Because this tag will enter you to win stuff. St. Paddy’s stuff. The kind of stuff that you have to be 21+ to consume… Guinness stuff!
Here’s how it works:
1) Hit the town starting Friday, March 13 until Tuesday, March 17.
2) Do something in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day (Irish food, beers, bands, booze, outfits, parades, bagpipers, the King Street Seisiun, etc. are all game).
3) Take a photo! (Again – Irish food, beers, bands, booze, outfits, parades, bagpipers, etc. are all game.) Feel free to be artistic – this is a photo contest, after all!
4) Post the photo to Instagram with the #FlyStPats hashtag and tag @flymagazinepa. (Multiple entries are encouraged!) Give some love to the bar/restaurant/event you are at, too.
5) On Wednesday, March 18, our staff will choose our 17 favorite photos. (Why 17? Because March 17, duh.) The finalists will be showcased in an album on the Fly Magazine Facebook page until Wednesday, March 25.
6) The winning photo (and photographer) will be chosen based on which photo receives the most “likes” during this time. Winning photographer will receive a Guinness prize pack!
(See Fly Magazine General Contest Rules here)
Now get on out there and paint the town green…